If you are remodeling your kitchen, you may have spent a lot of time pouring over catalogs for the perfect lighting or cupboards, but have you thought about whether or not you want a granite countertop? There are a lot of choices in regards to countertops; it is important to choose one that completes the look of your kitchen and delivers style and longevity.
Some options you will find are:
- Stainless Steel Countertop. Stainless steel offers a very modern look to any kitchen, and is very easy to clean. Stainless steel countertops are also durable and resilient to almost anything. You will not have to worry about staining them, placing acidic things on them, or even placing hot pans on them. Germs and mold will not grow on stainless steel, and they are easily wiped clean. They do scratch and dent, so you will need a little caution when using them.
- Granite Countertop. Granite is a timeless and beautiful product for countertops. They are easily cleaned, are heat resistant, and will last a very long time. A granite countertop can be expensive, but if you plan to sell your home it will increase your home’s value.
- Glass Countertop. Glass countertops are made from broken pieces of glass to create a very unique look. There are many colors to choose from, and they create a beautiful mosaic. Acidic things can damage the acrylic surface, and corners can break off if any heavy items are ever placed on them.
- Bamboo/Wood Countertop. Countertops made with wood and bamboo add beauty and variety to a kitchen. They are easy to work on, and will not dull knives like granite will. The cons are they can suffer water damage, and can be scratched and dented.
- Laminate Countertop. For a cheaper price you can have the same look as granite or stone with lots of options and colors. Laminate countertops are durable and easy to change and cost less to replace. They are not as durable as stone, and are easy to cut and scratch.
If you are looking into kitchen remodeling and are trying to decide on the perfect countertops for your kitchen, one of these options should serve you well.…